Re: Level Comment Tool - further development

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Level Comment Tool - further development
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:23:36 +0200

Am So, den 11.04.2004 schrieb Neil Mitchell um 14:53:
> Its very nice, but the difficulty is not obvious as to what it means. Most
> seem to have difficulty 1-5, and yet some ( blue1-marcotte (4) ) have 45. If
> you are going to put a difficulty, what its out of would be useful as well.

Yes, we should decide that soon. Probably best before 0.6.1 goes out.

> The other small comment is Not Playable - what does that mean? Is it that
> the level can't be played because its incompatible with the current file
> format, it hasn't been tested, it will format your hard drive, its
> unsolvable?

It's simply a statement that it's not sure wheter the level is playable
or not. Even the levels in unplayable/ could be playable, we just don't
know for sure wheter they need the touch of a designer first or not.
Since there probably are a few levels in playable/ which aren't really
playable, all got marked unplayable and the flag is reset on call that a
given level is playable. To decide that is one of the uses of the level
comment tool.

> The copyright message at the bottom is also out I guess, it says (C) 2003.

I'm not really familar with those, should it be (C) 2003-2004 or just
2004 or whatever?

> Finally, is .pingus now the final once and for all extension for Pingus? If
> it is I'll tweak my installer to register it, so people don't need to
> reconfigure their browser to get the level thing working.

Yes, .pingus is meant to stay since it's highly unlikely to collide with
anything else.

Bye David