Re: Difficulty rating of compiling Pingus?

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Difficulty rating of compiling Pingus?
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:29:22 +0000

Am Fr, den 09.04.2004 schrieb Erik Søe Sørensen um 20:13:
> 2. It's a bit much to expect from a mere translator. I might as well
> become a developer now :)

You're welcome to join the development. You've taken the bait already,
you should surrender. ;-)

> Actually, "LANG=de_DE pingus" still doesn't work, so something must
> still be fscked in my end...?

Yes, there must be something wrong. If you have the de.mo in
/usr/local/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/
and running /usr/local/games/pingus doesn't work, there's something
strange on your system.

> (Is there any convenient way to debug gettext issues?)

Not really I fear. Sometimes even parts of the translation are not shown
for a reason unknown to me.

> (And perhaps keen-eyed one as well - No one mentioned the right way to
> do it the last time I had compilation trouble.)

You probably didn't give enough information for anyone to see what's up.

Bye David