Re: Level Comment Tool - further development

From: Jarno Elonen
Subject: Re: Level Comment Tool - further development
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 19:36:47 +0300

> - load the password for admin mode from a seperate file

This one was easy. The attached patch should do this - it adds support
for .htpasswd, so you can set the password like this:

  $ htpasswd -c .htpasswd admin
  New password:
  Re-type new password:
  Adding password for user admin

> - upload of demo files
> - display of the best solutions submitted as demo file

Shouldn't be too difficult if the XML format is specified. I don't have much
time to work on the tool at the moment, though.. Björn, are you interested?

> - removal/update of own comments

This would require some sort of login/passsword management. The patch contains
support for saving .htpasswd as well, so one easy way to do this could be to
generate a random password and mail it the first time the system sees a new
email address.

- Jarno