Re: Document, v.02

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Document, v.02
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:25:36 +0200

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 04:40:57PM +1000, John August wrote:

I'll add some comments to your empty spaces / questions where the answers
are at the top of my head. Just post some more concrete questions to get
better answers. ;-)

> ./editor:
>
> The editor ?

Yes, it's the level editor.

> ./editorobjs:

The pieces you can use in the editor, like entrances, groundblocks...

> ./particles:

Related to tiny objects like the exploding parts of a bomber, raindrops,
snow...

> ./sound:
> Sound - presumably includes Music ?

Yes.

> Background objects. I don't understand what the difference between
> ./worldobjs: and ./worldobjsdata: is.

WorldObj - game logic, EditorObj - editor logic, WorldObjData - the shared
part of the former two.

> You also have some variables which act if the pingu is set with a property.
> Eg fall_action is the action if the pingu falls. Normally, this is set to

You could also call them persistent actions which may be present or not. At
least, that's what they are. :-)

Bye David