Re: Pingus CPU usage

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Pingus CPU usage
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 00:21:58 +0200

Andreas Müller <address@hidden> writes:

> It's working, but I've noticed when running pingus it will use 100% of
> the cpu time.
>
> The same happaned before on a Mandrake 9.2 system.
>
> Is there any way to reduce CPU usage?

You can run in lower resolution, via "./pingus -g 640x480", you can
turn on '--fast-mode', you can also play around with all the
frame-skip stuff, you can disable sound and music, you can use
--min-cpu-usage, so there are numerous ways to reduce CPU usage.

It depends of course on what you want, just reducing CPU usage or
improving playability.

JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927