Linux rookie calling

From: Pierre Royer
Subject: Linux rookie calling
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:11:20 +0200

Hi,

I downloaded the "binary" http://pingus.seul.org/files/pingus-0.6.0-binary-linux-i386.tar.bz2

Sorry for the stupidity of the following question, but I thought that unzipping + untarring it would provide me with a binary executable that I could just ... run

Should I run ./configure && make and make install before ? Where are the configure and install files located ? In brief, what is the simplest installation procedure if I just want to -download -install -play

Thanks in advance, cheers

Pierre