Re: Lists of problems in the French translation (touching tr translation

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Lists of problems in the French translation (touching tr translation)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:05:50 +0200

Am Don, 2003-08-28 um 03.01 schrieb Etienne Marcotte:
> > 6 - The testing button in the editor contextual help
> > is in German (I guess)

The text is in german in the fr.po file.

> > 10 - The check box text at the upper left of the main
> > map (show story) is too long.
> "Afficher le prologue?" doesn't fit in the box.

Can you propose a shorter text for that box?

> > 11 - There's some German (?) in the descriptions of
> > some levels (including #1 and #2)
>
> Level 1 : kliktanjem misa na Pinugsu    (ok, I don't think it's German)
> Level 2 : E[g with a symbol I cannot type]er Pingular [an odd c]ok yüksekten
> dü[an odd s]erlerse ölürler, dikkatli ol!

I've found one case where a line from the sr translation was duplicated
into the french one and several cases where the last line of the tr
translation was the last one of the fr translation. That's most likely
due to a fuzzy diff, both translations should be checked due.

> When you have at least 20 Pingus to save, the first digit (or second to last)
> is put over the ":" of the
> "Nombre de Pingus à sauver:" (number of Pingus to save). We should make this
> line shorter.

Propose a shorter line? My french is way to bad for that. ;-)

> I was just talking about the sign on the main map.

That's a known problem for which is not yet clear how it will be solved
if at all.

> Many of the others problems were only translation one.
> Who has translated Pingus in the different languages?
> The one who did the French translation could go through all
> the French text before the next release.

Like one may guess, the translations were done by different people
native to the language of the translation. I've added a cc to the
translator but if you want to help with the french translation I don't
think that anyone will complain. It's always better to have different
people look over text.

Bye David