Windows compiling fails

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Windows compiling fails
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:31:32 +0100

Hi

I say I'll keep Windows compiling, and a few days later the entire tree
breaks on Windows for various reasons...

1) Functions must return values, patch attached, if get_zoom should return
something other than 0 then put it in now. I think the GCC result is
probably just garbage, so 0 should be no worse, although 1 or 100  makes
more sense probably.

2) Project files are out of date, is this done by a script? If not I can
send in new ones.

3) surface_button and gui_surface_button, this was changed because VC
doesn't allow files to have the same name in different directories in a
project. It seems surface_button got left in the CVS, and has been modified
a lot since gui_surface_button, but Windows projects still use the old file.
Can one copy be removed from CVS, and if its not the one that works with
Windows can some very good reason be given.

4) Setting HAVE_GETTEXT to 0 in win32\config.h still gives link errors
related to gettext, this flag doesn't seem to be used.

Neil