Re: Polish Translation

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Polish Translation
Date: 09 Jun 2003 18:41:00 +0200

Am Mon, 2003-06-09 um 18.22 schrieb Konrad Dabrowski:
> I'm thinking about doing a Polish translation of Pingus when I have some
> time. I'll check the English while I'm at it :). Is anyone trying to do
> that atm? Polish requires Latin 2 fonts, does Pingus support them? If
> not please could someone implement them?

Current CVS doesn't support latin2, adding it would be possible without
too much effort if your translation requires it.

> I dont currently have a CVS checkout, but is there a .pot file
> available, or do I have to use an existing .po file. what else needs
> translating other than the .po files?

Beside the .pot file there are descriptions in the Level files themself.
Translating them is easy and obvious.

> Also, how can I update .po files to match the latest CVS?

I'm not sure what you're asking here - getting a CVS checkout would be
the best way, at least the english was improved there quite a bit. A new
translation would have to appear in 0.6.1 anyway and there isn't much
activity on CVS, especially not regardings strings.

> Finally, I downloaded the 0.6 release for Linux. Is there an i386 binary
> included, 'cos I cant find it if it's there. If there isn't one, I think
> it would be a good idea to add one :).

There's a binary release and a source release. Depending on which one
you got there is a binary or there's none. ;-)
But like I wrote above - if you want to do translations please put the
0.6.0 version aside and get a CVS checkout.

Bye David