Re: Font used in Pingus?

From: Andy Balaam
Subject: Re: Font used in Pingus?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:58:42 +0100

FWIW I really like ComicSansMS - I like it more than the current one.

Did you see that BitStream are going to / (already have?) released some fonts:

http://www.bitstream.com/categories/products/fonts/vera/index.html

They're very boring, but might be useful for filling in unusual characters. I don't really understand these things, so please ignore me if appropriate :)

Andy

Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

[FeltPen, Freeware font found at some site]
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/pingus_font2.jpg

[ComicSansMS]
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/pingus_font3.jpg

The ComicSansMS font has the huge advantage of having all Latin1,
probally also Latin2 and Cyrillic chars. The Feltpen font on the other
site has only ASCII stuff + ugly autogenerated Latin1 chars.

Can anybody suggest other fonts to try?