Windows build

From: Ian Kelly
Subject: Windows build
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:03:28 -0500

Hi all,

I built Pingus 0.6.0 on Win98 using MSVC6.0 with only minor
difficulties.  Now the issue is getting it to run.  I copied the
pingus.exe file to the base path and tried running it.  Sometimes
nothing happens, sometimes my screen flashes into fullscreen mode
and back, and sometimes my screen goes into fullscreen mode and hangs,
forcing me to reboot.  So far there doesn't seem to be any particular
pattern to which of these it chooses to do, and I don't seem to be
getting any console output at all in any event.  My attempts at
debugging by lacing the main function with cout statements also failed
to yield any actual output.

There was also something in the install.win32 file about copying the
binary to the data/data subdir and doing a pingus.exe -datafile
foo.scr foo.dat for each .scr file.  I tried this, and it never went
into fullscreen mode, but it never actually produced a .dat file
either.  Am I doing the right thing?

I'd appreciate any help you can give.
Ian Kelly