Re: betatest+translation

From: Tomas Blaha
Subject: Re: betatest+translation
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:27:09 +0200 (CEST)

--

Tomáš Bláha

e-mail:   tomas.blaha at kapsa.club.cz
JabberID: tomiiik at jabber.cz
ICQ:      76239430

On 7 Apr 2003, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

> Tomas Blaha <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > - In the tutorial island, in the place, where are two paths, when I
> > solve levels from both sides of one path, so I have two red levels
> > connected by path and go from one to the other, pingu goes directly
> > rather then go around through green levels.
>
> Eik... that might not be fixable that easy, has to wait till the next
> release.

It is absolutely unimportant. :-)

> > I am also interested in making czech translation to Pingus, but I don't
> > know, how to handle czech nonascii characters. Czech language is coded
> > in iso-8859-2 or utf-8 character sets and not in iso-8859-1 which you
> > are using. I am attaching testing cs.po in utf-8 as kbabel produced it.
> > (it works except special characters :-( (It is far from complete.)
> > I can draw characters but don't know to which position in font files.
>
> Clanlib can only handle 255 characters at the moment in a single font,
> so either we have to find free or unused positions in the current
> fonts and recycle them or provide extra fonts for latin-2. Both
> solution arn't really all that good and require quite a bit of work
> and maintaince so have to wait for the next release.

Extra font sounds better, because same codes can be shared between
special characters in lat1 and lat2, so it would be necessary to remap
lat2 chars to different codes, which are not in use in lat1. Thats not
good.

Of course, I can submit stripped down version of translation without
special chars, it works, but it doesn't look very nice.