Re: Level unsolvable?

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Level unsolvable?
Date: 01 Apr 2003 22:40:59 +0200

Björn Fischer <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe it helps if I tell you that the hole appears also in the level
> editor, IMHO that can mean that the xml-file is interpreted in a
> different way than on other machines...

Hm, weird bug, can't find much at the moment that could cause the xml
file to be read different. There are some problems with libxml1, but
that should show up much earlier and actually result in the worldmap
not being readable at all (something with xmlSkipBlank(), not exactly
sure). But I don't really think that is an issue here.

Might be as well something with templates, since the blitter code
makes use of some templates and its one of the very few places where
that is the case in Pingus.

Could you try to rotate and flip some groundpieces in the editor ('r'
will rotate clockwise, 'h' flip horizontal and 'v' vertical) and tell
me if that is behaving as it should and also if such rotations are
savable and work as expected when loaded again.

Could you also do something like:

./pingus --maintainer-mode --debug

and tell me if there is anything looking suspicious? Best you start
that with a very very simple level (one rotated groundpiece, nothing
else or so) or it will produce lots and lots of output.

> Some wrong configuration on my local machine or something like that?

Don't think so. It might be a library issue with libxml1, but even
than it is most likly something wrong with Pingus and we should better
fix it than simply changing to libxml2..

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927