Re: Level unsolvable?

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Re: Level unsolvable?
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 21:56:49 +0200

Here's the screenshot of the left hand side of the level. Right hand side is good, but on the left the pingus die...

For me it's complete too - you defintely need to verify that your CVS
checkout is complete. Looks like there's a special tile where you see a
gap so you're probably missing one or more graphics.
You could also look at the console wheter there are any error messages
about missing files.
Here's the complete console output up to the point I started the level. The only file that's missing is levelname_bg.png, but that is on the worldmap screen and appears as a shyny yellow 404 - not found sign, so that's not it.

PingusError: Couldn't open: stat\config
Welcome to Pingus 0.6.0 (unofficial build)!
clanVorbis support:           ok
clanMikMod support:           ok
getext support:               ok
gettext language:        english
sound support:           enabled
music support:           enabled
resolution set to:       800x600

[Output] PingusResource:(datafile: core, res_name: worldmap/levelname_bg):-404-: Could not open file: C:\CVS\Games\Pingus/data/data/../images/core/worldmap/level
name_bg.png
Starting level: tutorial/snow15-grumbel
DemoRecorder: Writing demo to: stat\demos/tutorial_snow15-grumbel-20030401-21384
6.xml

CVS chechout should be ok too, because I (or better: WinCVS) executed "cvs update -P -d -C", that should get me the clean copy I think. What I did after the update was adding the src/win32/ files to the project and adding two #define's for clanMikMod and gettext to config.h.

Greetings

Björn