Re: Please fix the level editor in the Windows verison...

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Please fix the level editor in the Windows verison...
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:17:50 -0000

> There was a manual, but it was never very accurate - I remember it being
> completely wrong...
| I thought you wrote one. :-)
Nope, someone else submitted it while it still didn't build on Windows.

> There is a file called Windows Dependancies somewhere, if not I'll rezip
> and upload it. This file includes all the header files, static .lib's and
> dynamic .dll's required to compile up Pingus without getting ClanLib
> yourself. The only issue is that sound is not supported in the Clan Lib's
> managed to hack together (the library was very non-windows happy), so if
> you want that recompile Clan Lib.

| I guess trying to recompile ClanLib will be the better idea.
I don't - it took me forever, had hundreds of dependancies (libpng, zlib,
libjpeg) which on Windows needed to be built from source as well, not to
mention to the dependancies of ogg and mp3 libraries, which just didn't
work, and I just commented out.

I did make a folder of all the clan lib dependancy libraries and header
files etc, but I'm not sure I got all of them, anyway - it should make it
easier to recompile ClanLib. If you want that ClanLib dependancies directory
let me know.

Anyway - good luck :)

Ginge