Re: Please fix the level editor in the Windows verison...

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Please fix the level editor in the Windows verison...
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 23:37:03 -0000

> Well, actually I asked around my friends to find someone with access to
VC++
> and a good internet connection. Since I've found one it would be nice if
you
> tell me what's to do to compile Pingus with VC++. I dimly remember that
I've
> seen a manual sometime, somewhere... :-)

There was a manual, but it was never very accurate - I remember it being
completely wrong...
Since my system has millions of files all over the place, its probably best
if someone else writes the manual as they follow my basic instructions, and
just email me if they get stuck at any specific bit.

There is a file called Windows Dependancies somewhere, if not I'll rezip and
upload it. This file includes all the header files, static .lib's and
dynamic .dll's required to compile up Pingus without getting ClanLib
yourself. The only issue is that sound is not supported in the Clan Lib's I
managed to hack together (the library was very non-windows happy), so if you
want that recompile Clan Lib.

You do a CVS checkout, extract the dependancies, copy all the
Depends\Pingus\dll\ files into the same directory as the VC project file,
add Depends\Pingus\include to your include file directories, add
Depends\Pingus\lib to your lib file directories, and it should all compile
happily (but it won't).

Ginge