Re: Windows Updates

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Windows Updates
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:31:13 +0100

On Tuesday 31 December 2002 15:15, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> If you send me a sample I'll try it, but I really just tend to ignore
> protection issues in C++, it doens't seem a very "elegant" bit of the
> language, and hence I understand very little about friends etc.

I'll add the code to CVS. :-)
BTW I made an error in my last mail - an inner class shall have access to all
members of the outer class since it's part of the outer class (like a method)
but that doesn't give the outer class any special access rights to the inner
class (which doesn't matter in our case since all members of a struct are
public by default).
friend is a quite simple concept - you may declare a class foo or a method of
foo friend of  class bar by adding

friend class foo;

or

friend foo::some_method(params);

into the declration of class bar. If you do this class foo or the listed
methods are granted access to all of class bar.

Bye David