Re: pingus music

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: pingus music
Date: 02 Dec 2002 01:06:24 +0100

Arnaud Loulier <address@hidden> writes:

> I downloaded and enjoyed pingus, but it would be greater with high
> resolution sound (16 - 24 bits).

Most music was done in ImpulsTracker, so the .it files are the source
format and thus the songs are not available in a higher resolution.
However Pingus also supports .ogg files (a patent-free mp3
replacement), so new music files can be in better quality.

> If you want that I help you with musics, I can play for pingus. I
> Live in Paris (France) and can make great musics for this game in
> .wav or .mp3.

The next Pingus release (hopfully out before Christmas) will be set in
a snow-world. pingus-4.it, pingus-5.it, pingus-7.it and probally
pingus-8.it seems to fit pretty well into that theme. That release
will feature ~20 levels so I think we already have enough music for
that release, if you think we have not, just create music for the snow
themed levels. Otherwise I would suggest that you create some music
for the other themes/worlds (sweets, sortie, mud, stone, space,
desert).

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927