Re: Screen (level) navigation with cursor keys

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Screen (level) navigation with cursor keys
Date: 29 Oct 2002 00:52:49 +0100

Jorrit Tyberghein <address@hidden> writes:

> Simon Constable wrote:
>> I'm semi employed as a programmer and it has been noted that my
>> interface design skills are noteworthy. While playing Pingus with
>> the mouse I feel that it would also be beneficial to enable the user
>> to scroll around the screen (level) using the cursor keys while
>> using the mouse to select and manipulate the pingus. Anyone who has
>> done this while playing an RTS will appreciate how welcome this
>> feature is. It feels intuitive.
>
> I agree! But movement with cursor should be pretty fast so you can
> navigate quickly using the keyboard. Also I would like to have
> hotkeys for all the actions a pinguin can do.

I have hooked up the hotkey support now and fixed the last bugs in it.
Next binaries should contain them, its even configurable via
data/controller/default.xml (that file is already present for a while,
but there where a few bugs that made scrolling impossible).

Scrollwhell support for to cycle through the actions is also on my
ToDo.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927