Patch for Basher bugs

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Patch for Basher bugs
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 23:06:50 +0000

Attached is the Basher patch for Bugs 1514 [Bashers getting stuck in solid
objects], 1515 [Bashers can be used to bash upwards], 1520 [Basher don't
take headbounce into account] and 1522 [Basher bashes to high].

1515 and 1522 are connected with each other.  It was due to some incorrect
arithmetic I did while changing from hard coded values.

I've also added code that means that Bashers can now also drown.

One thing in the patch that isn't perfect is the fact that I had to add in
a "fudge" factor so that Basher sprites don't levitate 1 pixel in the air
while Bashing.

The same "fudge" also appears in the Walker code, except that the value is
2 pixels.  Another thing I noticed was that the Walker sprite is 1 pixel
off the bottom of the sprite boundary.  So the Walker fudge factor should
also really be 1 pixel, with the sprite moved down 1 pixel.  (The Basher
sprite is at the bottom boundary).

As Basher code has been moved around and some code has been added in, it
would be best if Bashers were thoroughly tested.

Bug 1520 also mentions that head collisions might not be taken into
account for other actions.  I think Climbers is one example.

So it would would be a good idea for head collisions to be tested for all
Pingu Actions.

Thanks,
Gervase.