Re: Pingu stuck and collision code

From: Konrad Dabrowski
Subject: Re: Pingu stuck and collision code
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 00:24:00 +0100

David Philippi wrote:

On Monday 30 September 2002 18:47, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
Yep, we don't need to over-fix Pingus, its just needs enough to feel
good, not to perfect (since it propally can't).

I'd say that a Walker walking up a single bridge and getting stuck is a bug but a Walker which get's struck in between multiple colliding bridges is a problem of the player.

I found that using two bridges in a V shape is a neat way of getting all the pingus into one place. Basher, bomber or something else can then be used to get them out.

P.S. I am doing some beta-testing, but I haven't all that much time, so this is a quick report on what doesn't work (I'm using slightly outdated files, so check the levels out before you move them etc.) bla.xml and conv.xml are test levels and should be moved to the test directory
granit.xml is unfinished
floater-tutorial-grumbel.xml future2-jgoebbert.xml and future3-jgoebbert.xml all crash the game. It would be nice to rename Dentist.xml as dentist.xml to make all levels have lower-case names.
README in the levels directory can probably be removed.

This game is really good when it works
Konrad

P.S.S. Is the contrib section going to have the same layout as it does now. If so, it would be nice if someone could implement it, so that people like my 12-year-old brother could play a bit.

P.S.S. If you need any English checking for typos, I can do that if I have time. I may be able to do some translating into Polish if someone gives me instructions on how to do this. I also know a bit of German, but probably not enough to do any translations.

P.S.S.S. I downloaded WinCVS, but can't get it to work. I may be able to get access to a computer with Linux that's on the internet in the next few weeks.

Bye,
Konrad