'Ghost' fallers

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: 'Ghost' fallers
Date: 02 Oct 2002 02:36:20 +0200

Hiho,

I need some help in tracknig down a bug, it happens quite rarly and I
havn't found a way to reproduce it. It is also not limited to a single
level, even so it might be easier to produce in some.

The bug is that a single Pingu suddenly falls down from the sky, not
sure where it was before, but it just happens to appear instantly
there and falls down. For example in desert1.xml a single pingu
suddenly fall from the sky to the left site of the pillar (which is
unreachable under normal conditions). There is no entrance, teleporter
or anything else at the point where the pingu starts to fall, its also
only a single pingu, not multilple ones.

Most likly it was brought there by an uninited variable or a x/y-mix,
so it might only happen under special conditions and combination of
actions, but it might be something else has well.

So has anyone found a way to reproduce this bug or found a level where
it happened quite often?

PS: Well, probally time for me to implement game play recording, would
make tracking such things down a lot easier.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927