Re: Windows Speed Problems / Windows Release issues

From: Kenneth Gangstoe
Subject: Re: Windows Speed Problems / Windows Release issues
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:25:23 +0200

Alphablending on Windows is a known problem, since it has no hardware
acceleration at all. Doing full screen fades using alpha-fillrects isn't a
very good idea :)

I'm not sure how the alpha fades are implemented in Pingus, but it should
at least be dependent on time it takes on each update, so if its slow it
skips frames.

- Kenneth

Quoting Neil Hotmail (address@hidden):