Re: New Installation instruction for windows

From: Neil Hotmail
Subject: Re: New Installation instruction for windows
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:26:19 +0100

> How about sending the changes to the ClanLib developers? IMHO that seems
> be the cleanest solution, because what when the ClanLib changes? We can't
> always have our own Version for Win32.

I don't think they'd like it if I said, OK, I like your changes to a few of
the components, but wasn't the JPEG code you had in an old version better?
The problem is just that clan lib is unstable, and Pingus's uses features
past the last stable (0.6) release. I haven't patched the code, just done
hacky changes by copying different versions of .lib's and putting them in
the same directory.

If Pingus just keeps a "Good for Windows" set of the .lib's, then when
Pingus wants to use more features than in the good old copies, someone can
see if clanlib is up to it, and worry about problems then.

I am actually compiling a set of the .lib's and .h's now, give me about 2
hours and i'll send you a full .zip of everything, except a CVS of pingus,
that you need to compile and run it.

Ginge