Bugs, questions, missing files etc.

From: Konrad Dabrowski
Subject: Bugs, questions, missing files etc.
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:19:15 +0100

I'm using the beta-testing build (pingus-2002-09-25) and the CVS snapshot from clanlib (Pingus-CVS-02-09-26.zip)

I'm getting "This level is not Playable" signs on every level, it's starting to get a bit annoying, since many of the levels are playable.
Is aliens1-phil.xml possible to solve?
Random question: What happened to aliens3-phil? There are 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7, but not 3. The bridger stopping too soon bug, reported by Ingo is really getting on my nerves as a lot of levels cannot be solved without it. If you scroll on belt1-grumbel.xml, you get a big mess (is this because it is a test level?). Quite a few levels have the bug reported some time ago, that when Pingus are at the corners, they cannot be controled, because they are behind the buttons.
I got the following two error messages while testing block-timpany.xml:
[output]PingusResource:(datafile:global,res_name:GroundPieces/Sweets/jellybaby):-404-:ResourceGroundpieces/Sweets/jellybaby not found
and
[output]PingusResource:(datafile:global,res_name:GroundPieces/Sweets/jellybaby2):-404-:ResourceGroundpieces/Sweets/jellybaby2 not found I found a level, I think it was block.xml, which could be solved in at lest three different ways:
With 1 bridger, 2bashers and 1 blocker
With 9 bridgers and 1 blocker
or with 5 bridgers, 1 basher and 1 blocker
What should the numbers of each type be?
Missing file /data//data/stones.scr
My modem doesn't work under Linux, so I use the CVS snapshots from clanlib, to keep my files up-to-date. Is it possible to make diff patches using the snapshots, if so how (I am a Linux newbie). Also, being a newbie, I can't work out how to install clanlib and compile Pingus. I'm using Red Hat 7.3 if it helps. I would like to have the basher fix, so I would like a newer static binary than the bet-testing one. Would it be possible for someone to update the beta testing binary whenever the source-code is changed?

I think that's everything I have found so far bugwise etc.
Thanks,
Konrad