Re: WorldObj vs. Groundpieces

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: WorldObj vs. Groundpieces
Date: 16 Sep 2002 23:19:01 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Monday 16 September 2002 12:52, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
>> My new approach would be to unify the Groundpieces with the WorldObjs,
>> that would basically only mean to add one functions to the WorldObj,
>> something like:
>
> Sounds good. Did you also think about merging things like HotSpot to the
> point where they may be created by the WorldObjDataFactory? This would make
> things easier to understand.

Hotspot and Co. can also be turned into WorldObjs (in fact they
already are), its just a matter of who moves them to the right
directories and does the remaining cleanup.

BTW. Groundpieces can now be WorldObjs in CVS, but most of the old
code is still in place, will do the later.

>> void create_WorldObj (World*);
>> void create_EditorObj (Editor*);
>
> Sounds like a better approach. It's cleaner and should boost performance a
> bit since we need less copying around of data.

Should be pass a World and Editor (or better EditorNS::ObjectManager)
to the data classes or something more generic like a
std::vector<WorldObj/EditorObj*> (typedefed to EditorObjLst and WorldObjLst)?

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927