Re: Woooow! debugging.....

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Woooow! debugging.....
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:56:11 +0200

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 13:58, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> We have quite a few places where we have missing includes, but which
> will not get detected since these includes are included in other
> includes, but only in a specific version of a compiler (say you don't
> have to include math.h if you have included stdlib.h or something like
> that [just a example, doesn't have to be real]). We already had
> throuble with getting code that compiles fine under gcc-3.1 to compile
> under gcc-2.95 due to missing includes, so I think its best when ever
> something is caused by a missing include, just include it everywhere
> so that we don't get this error a second time with another
> compiler/version.

I do also consider this the best soltion. It's not like we would really gain
anything by putting those includes inside an ifdef. The fact that another
compiler doesn't complain about something not declared makes it quite sure
that those headers are already included so another #include will not add any
unrequired code.

> doc/controller.xml was really just a test file for the controller
> thing, it contains config for joystick's and such which will not work
> if no joystick is pluged in, but data/controller/default.xml is now in
> place and should work.

I've just taken a look and I'm missing a scroller in the default.xml. I
suppose adding a PointerScroller using the right mouse button will be a good
idea to keep the behaviour like it was.

Unfortunately the game doesn't start anymore...
I've just fixed a nasty little bug in the ButtonAxis which created an
AxisEvent (which was not handled so far) in every update cycle.
Now the game does still use the full cpu power but an attached gdb showed me
something inside ClanLib. :-(

Bye David