Re: IDE (Linux)

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: IDE (Linux)
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 21:10:29 +0200

On Saturday 08 June 2002 20:59, Magnus Norddahl wrote:
> If you like IDE's that follow the same principles as the developer studio
> IDE, then you will like Anjuta.

Don't know - what is developer studio?

> It does have one major flaw though (like most unix clones of developer
> studio :/), it wants too much control over build environment. Personally I
> create a new test project in anjuta, and then copy the project files into
> ClanLib's dir, then loads the project from there. Dont know if you'll find
> that technique too much of a hack. :)

Doesn't sound worse then some things I did to get different IDEs to work -
which I won't mention in public. ;-)
If you want to have success using Linux, you must be ready to do some hacks.
If I remember what I had to do back in those days when the first versions of
KDE appeared... What was I happy when after some month KDE beta 1 was
announced... (I've always liked to try the newest software.)

Bye David