Re: Creating custom debug streams

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Creating custom debug streams
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:47:23 +0200

On Thursday 06 June 2002 16:34, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> enum SomeEnum { A, B, C, ...};
> doesnt work under MSVC, so one has to write:

I suppose it's the same problem older versions off gcc have:
enum SomeEnum will only work when you declare
enum SomeEnum x later on - note the repeated enum. AFAIK this is mandatory in
C for structs and enum, but in C++ it shouldn't be needed anymore. But I
know for sure that egcs-1.1 forced you to use struct XY unless you had such
a typedef.
But it doesn't matter in this case anyway - I was talking about an anonymous
enum. I'm not interested in the enum itself, only in the members. You can
see an enum like a #define for integers when used in this way.

Bye David