phpgroupware-users

[Phpgroupware-users] Calendar - groups bug?

From: info
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Calendar - groups bug?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:08:44 +0100

Hi all,

installed 01/06 phpGroupWare API version 0.9.16.010 for
use of 60 people - in 5 offices (which i call groups
from now on)somewhere in Germany. Big compliment to all developers -
y did a great job. Installation worked fine with noteworthy
problems occured by my non-experience of phpgroupware last month.
We are now preparing the release for the staff with small
project-teams starting with email and calendar only. One by one ;)

Is this a bug ?
----------------
creating groups works fine. but they do not automatically appear
in the calendars user(group)-view.
phpgw-acl shows entrances:
"phpgw-group   acl-location    acl-account    rights"

Now, for each user of the group (to appear in groupmonthview) you
need to grant grouprights read/write/etc.... one by one which makes
additional entrances in phpgw-acl:
"calendar   acl location    acl account   rights"
or - which is much easier to do the entrances in MYSql directly.

Solution maybe : could those calendar-rights not be granted in the
group defination page - what do y think?

This is a group-problem
15 members of Group "town-A" login and want to see their common calendar
15 members of Group "town-B" login and want to see their common calendar
(on the frontpage)
that is not possible as only one "default" group can be defined.

how to solve that problem ?

thanks for your response. best regards
Arno Becker