phpgroupware-users

RE:[Phpgroupware-users] LDAP front-end for Addressbook

From: Philipp Kamps
Subject: RE:[Phpgroupware-users] LDAP front-end for Addressbook
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:25:02 -0000

Hi Daniel,

> > Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP front-end for Addressbook
> >

> > Does anyone know of a way to put an LDAP front-end onto the
> > phpGroupWare
> > Addressbook (or any SQL database for that matter)?
The actual addressbook module just allows its own SQL database
schema. No other SQL sources or LDAP sources are supported for now.

>  - I want to be able to use a
> > different application that is designed to use external LDAP
> > servers as
> > address sources
I would be fancy to have extenal LDAP servers as address sources.
I also need this feature. What kind of application are you talking
about?
Could this application be included as a phpGroupWare module?

>  - and through that LDAP connection access my SQL
> > Addressbook.
OK?! Just show me how to access a SQL database server through
a LDAP connection. I'm pretty sure, that this isn't possible ;-)

>   This would enable a variey of apps to use this as a
> > central addressbook - my immediate desire is to interface
> > with various
> > fax clients.
The actuall phpgroupware is able to map all contacts of the
addressbook (as a copy) to LDAP. You may want to use this
feature and adapt your fax client configuration to access the
phpgroupware contacts in LDAP.

Hope this helps,

regards, fips