phpgroupware-docteam

RE: [Phpgroupware-docteam] FASD project: Online survey launched

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-docteam] FASD project: Online survey launched
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 11:36:26 +0200

Dear Benno Luthiger,

> With the FASD project (Fun and Software Development) we want
> to define the
> motivational significance of fun when software developers
> decide to engage
> in Open Source projects. What is special about our research
> project is that
> a similar survey is planned with software developers in
> commercial firms.
> This procedure allows the immediate comparison between the involved
> individuals and the conditions of production of these two development
> models. Thus we hope to obtain substantial new insights to
> the phenomenon of
> Open Source Development.

sounds like you think that developers of OpenSource projects are mostly
persons that spending their free time on the project.
This is not quite right.

My situation is a bit more complicate:

- I started developing on the phpgroupware project for from my full time job
  here at probusiness.
- But I am also spending some of my free time on the same project

Also I am working on another Project called jShopz.
This one I started in my free time and then when I moved my full time job
to probusiness I brought it with me - so that I can work on it during my job
as
well as during my free time.

But maybe I am the only one who is doing such things ;-)

And last but not least I have my own small company where I also can use
these OpenSource
Projects ;-)

Greetings

   Kai Hofmann / PowerStat

--
*****    Open Source und Linux im professionellen Einsatz    *****
**  komplexe Mailserver, Groupware, Office: sprechen Sie uns an **