Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Dead project : no updates of released bran

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Dead project : no updates of released branches ... not anymore possible to package for distributions ?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:49:09 +0200

Hi.

Le jeudi 25 mars 2010 à 00:31 +1100, Dave Hall a écrit :

> > Can you point me to some more details about incompatibility with PHP
> > 5.3 ?
> >
> > Because that would indeed be a show stopper for next stable (squeeze), I
> > think.
>
> phpGW 0.9.16 depends on the PHP4 object handling hack ( aka
> ini_set('zend.ze1_compatibility_mode', 1); ) which was dropped in PHP5.3
>
> There is no easy way around this, without it phpGW is pretty much
> useless.
>
> Feel free to quote this in any bug report.

I'm dubious... it spits a lot of errors in apache logs, but it seems
phpgroupware 0.9.16.015 nevertheless works (screens look nice right
after installation) when installed on a Debian testing machine (with PHP
5.3).

If you had real examples of what breaks exactly, and how hard (or not)
it is to fix or workaround, it'd be really helpful.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF