Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Visual design

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Visual design
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:51:35 +0200

Dave Hall wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 16:01 +0200, Sigurd Nes wrote:
>> How about using the silk icons and
>> extjs for rendering/interaction ?
>>
>> Would probably mean an api-class to feed js with a proper dataset in a
>> similar manner that xslttemplates is doing with array->xml+xslt
>
> We already have the JSON option for our menuaction calls.

Ok - this is (one of) my week spot(s).

>> http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/
>
> I think this is a theme specific thing.  For example I really like the
> gnome icons.  I also don't think they fit very well with our other
> existing templates.  Feel free to create a theme they work with :)

I think a new template is on the way (got the point of the silk license
issue) - there is a professional designer working on how to modernize
the look to help promote the system.

>> http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/docs/
>
> The YUI toolkit in the API already does a lot of this stuff.  I am happy
> to switch to extjs if there is a good reason.

As I understand it - The YUI toolkit is a subset of extjs. I havn't
performed an in-depth-analysis of the pros and cons - it's just very
nice to look at - and have a lot of relevant examples.

Regards

Sigurd