Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] shared memory (was documentation)

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] shared memory (was documentation)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:08:53 -0600

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.shmop.php
as far as I can tell, it spans not only session, but programs.  As
long as you know the key you can read the data from anything.  It
doesn't survive a reboot, but that's it.

it's not a guarentee to be availble, so it's one of those things were
we'd have to detect it and use it only if available, thus adding more
conditionals to the code.  Probably worth doing anyway.

Since it uses standard shared memory through a C api, memory leaks
aren't likely as it's a mature interface, and this isn't memory that
will change much, which is the point.