Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] proposed-0_9_18-branch - XSLT

From: Philipp Kamps
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] proposed-0_9_18-branch - XSLT
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:15:51 +0100

Hi Dave,

Zitat von Dave Hall <address@hidden>:

> Hi all,
>
> Yes, I set the branch up.  There was a very simple reason for it, I
> wanted to start putting together a "proposal" for the 18 development
> code base.  I have been rather with work here in .nl, but plan on
> spending some time merging and patching today.
>
> Be aware, the branch is not an official branch, it is not supported -
> even by me.  I will start throwing things in there and we can see how
> the play out.
>
> My intention is not to pre empt any decisions of the Coordination Team,
> but to merley get something as a proposed base working.  Anyone is
> welcome to throw things into the branch, but first post something here,
> so we know what is happening.
>
> Do not consider this branch a development platform - consider it my
> sandpit :)

So far so good - but ;-)

I'm not sure if this proposal branch is what phpgroupware now needs.

I liked the idea of asking everybody what new feature should be in
a next version of phpgroupware. But we haven't found a way to
descide which feature to take and which feature we'll drop for now.

I think it is very important that people know what they can expect
from a new version of phpgroupware.
Imaging we would have such a list of new features - we easily could
spread the work to different developers - we maybe could tell people
a release date.

The sandpit is good to test the patches from savannah - but I don't
think it is a good idea if the sandpit becomes a new release.

In my opinion it is really time for democratical decisions.
Somebody suggested to use a voting system:
Do we have such a system?
Who is allowed to vote?

Cheers, fips