Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpGroupWare 0.9.16 in Debian

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpGroupWare 0.9.16 in Debian
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:05:00 +0000 (GMT)

Thomas Viehmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> It's taken a while (mostly my fault), but I'm pleased to announce that
> phpGroupWare 0.9.16.000-1-2 has been accepted to Debian/unstable
> and will be
> available after the next mirror pulse (i.e. shortly before midnight
> CET).
> Modules not included in the Debian version (for java problems and
> the lack of
> chora in Debian) are javassh and chora.
> You can get these either by obtaining the Debian source and
> recompiling with
> an environment option BUILD_NONDEBIAN set to a string of positive
> length.(e.g. apt-get source phpgroupware ; cd phpgroupware-*2/ ;
> BUILD_NONDEBIAN=1dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot), or wait until they
> appear on
> debs.phpgroupware.org.

Wooo hooo!!!! Pity my app got dropped :( but I knew it would happen

Once phpgroupware.org is back up I will hassle you to help me with
nightly build scripts from cvs :)

> Kind regards
>
> Thomas
>
> P.S.: Looking at the version number: Maybe it looks nicer for the
> users if you
> stuck with dots for the upstream releases. Not a problem, though,
> merelycosmetic.

The -1 was added to stop old cached versions of the tarballs being used
and to signify to users that it was not the same as 000.  It was a dud
build :(