Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] layers and db-calls in proposalbranch

From: Joseph Engo
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] layers and db-calls in proposalbranch
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 02:46:55 -0400

I would also recommend making your "starting page" as
property.base.start ... thats the first place it will always go by
default.

Another thing to keep in mind, header() calls should _never_ be made
in the new API.  Prepare your output before hand, (in arrays if
possiable, to make porting easier).  You can always change it if
needed before its returned.

I think its a good idea for us to start up a wiki doc explaining some
basic steps developers should take now in order to make porting easier
when the time comes.

Sigurd Nes wrote:

| I am givinig it a try with property from HEAD:
|
| I have moved the classes from /app/inc/ to /app/
|
| in the class.base.php (property_base) I do like this:
|
| currentapp='property';
| $start_page='sid=cookie&op='.$currentapp.'.uilocation.index';
| header('Location:
| '.$GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['PHP_SELF'].'?'.$start_page);
|
| When I hit my app icon - I get a warning from mozilla - telling me
| that "Redirection limit for this URL exeeded. Unable to load the
| requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked"
|
| If I try to type the address by hand - which is:

/~sigurd/proposal/phpgroupware/index.php?sid=cookie&op=property.uilocation.index