Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] synchronization support for phpGW: milesto

From: Markus Kaemmerer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] synchronization support for phpGW: milestone 1
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:45:11 +0100

"Guillaume Courtois" <address@hidden> wrote:,

>>we had milestone 2 some time ago and working on milestone 3 now :).
>
>You're fast :)

We are working hard :)

>>>- how do you make db updates through XML-RPC ? For example, putting last/next
>>>anchors, registering temp informations on current syncs, etc ... ?
>>
>>We only use the new IPC interface, which is already included in
>>0.9.16. See the documentation in all classes with "ipc" in the
>>filename.
>
>Ok.

There will be an documentation update for IPC on our phpGW site the
next days. I'll post it here.

>>>BTW, what is you SyncML test device ? Phone or software ?
>>
>>Our main tests are done using a Sony Ericsson P800. In addition we are
>>working with misc Conduits/Clients, e.g. from www.nexthaus.com and
>>www.synthesis.ch. For interoperabilty tests we have also an PalmOS and
>>one PocketPC device. We plan to do a more tests in last week of
>>february with more devices.
>
>What software on PalmOS ?

I used the client from Synthesis.

>I use Calmeno sync client for outlook, Synthesis Palm Client with a Palm
>emulator
>and my Siemens SX1.

I tried to download the Calmeno sync client demo, but the link is
broken. Can you send me the demo please?

>That is great news as I did not want to spend some time on doing this. I will
>gain
>so much time in reusing your work !

This is the goal :). See my concept diagram
(http://www.probusiness.de/projekte/phpgroupware/pdf/Sync%20Concept%20Modul%20Diagram.pdf).
You should replace Layer 5. This is the SyncML server and it would be
good if we have a native PHP syncml server. There is no sense to do
the layer 3 work twice, because it should be nearly the same for all
servers.

>My install has not been updated since savannah breakdown. I will work on this
>tonight and check your work, and see how I can insert my work in your sync
>directory.

Take a look at the /sync directory. There are is our implementation of
Layer 3 and the Java Interface for Sync4j.

Markus