[Phpgroupware-developers] Easy management of XML documents + templating

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Easy management of XML documents + templating system ?
Date: 26 Aug 2003 17:35:55 +0200

Hi.

I'm considering the need to build a PhpGW application which would
ideally include some screens which will process tree-structured
documents (simple creation, modification, deletion, display lists,
display tree-structure of documents, etc.)

The basic need I identify is to be able to process these documents like
in a simple rollodex/notes interface. I think the easiest implementation
os when these docs will all correspond to XML files which observe the
same tree structure (same DTD, for instance).

I'd like to know if there is existing templating system to do such a
thing (eTemplates based ?) in PhpGroupware : instead of a database
backend, some kind of directory of XML files browsing, loading and
saving, an of course easy construction/editing of tree-like data
structure (much easier to handle in an XML tree than in a database, of
course).

And of course easy to use (and prototype / code) widgets to edit these
trees of data ;)

I think that what I need may actually be something very close to the
interface of the eTemplates template editor, with the "+" and "-"
buttons, for instance.
I suspect that there must be many things I need in eTemplates too, since
it can load and save XML too...

But are there other examples and standard APIs to do that in
PhpGroupware elsewhere ?

Thanks in advance for any light on these needs.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF