Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Standard source code header and php D

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Standard source code header and php Documentor
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:40:37 +0200

My thoughts about docs:

1) I vote for inline-docs for documenting the functions and arguments. In my opinion everything else will never be very up-to-date. I completly disagree with probiz that nothing is documented in the API. I personly document everything, which is not, when I touch that class or function. Still the points of the discussion are very small, as the differences in our existing inline-doc-standard and the php-doc standard. With a view lines of customisation (far less lines as the disscussion alread took ;-) ) the existing parsers could be modified to read both.

2) General concepts should be documented in a different way! I would prefer a wiki over docbook/html as it allows more developers a simultanious access. The Inline docs should be able to be linked in at runtime. Provide macros for our wiki to do so is, beside better/more granularity in the access-control, the highest priority on my todo-list for the wiki.

3) More people should have write-rights to the wiki as it is the case at the moment. We might only want to look a view top-level pages so only some people can link in docs on that level.

Ralf
Ralf Becker
OUTDOOR UNLIMITED Training GmbH                Telefon 0631 / 31657-0
Leibnizstraße 17                               Telefax 0631 / 31657-26
D-67663 Kaiserslautern            EMail address@hidden