Re: RE: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Standard source code header and ph

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: RE: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Standard source code header and php Documentor
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:55:07 +1000

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:

> >So whats the problem? Maybe your statement on wiki isn't complete?
>
> from outside (since I'm not "core" and don't have API access
> myself), it seems the
> problem is that everything you submit is followed up by am out of
> sorts discusion.

Unfortunately this is the case.  probiz started off on the wrong foot
with the project and I am yet to see them do anything to rectify the
situation.  Maybe I am wrong/over reacting whatever, but I find myself
spending a lot of time cleaning up the submissions from probiz, so they
can be dealt with.

> Also keep in mind that some of us have been here for years and
> still don't have API
> commit access, and probably never will.  Unless you're actually
> maintaining code for
> the api there's no need, docs are not code, neither are lang
> files, and neither
> require much maintainance.  Both are very needed but neither
> warrent api commit access.

API access is the holy grail for phpgw contributors.  I know it can slow
things down a little, but it also stops changes being made which can
cause big problems.   All other contributors seem pretty content
submitting a patch and waiting for it to be committed.  I know they
don't always go in the same day (or week), but there is a finite number
hours in a day.

Cheers

Dave