RE: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: phpGroupware database and u ml d o

From: Lars Kneschke(priv.)
Subject: RE: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: phpGroupware database and u ml d ocumentation in wiki?
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:27:34 +0000

Kai Hofmann <address@hidden> schrieb:
>Hello Dave,

My point of view:

The apps should not access the database directly. There should be classes in
the api which encapsulate the database access. Apps use the api to get and
write data from the database. This is, because we want to support different
databases.

Kai, my problem is, that what you are presenting is only theoretical stuff
for me. This seem to be much work for you, but is does give me nothing.
Please don't take that personal. This is just my problem.

If you think that things can be make better, just send some example code so
we can test diffrent solutions. But i don't think that we can go to deep
into the database level, because phpgw is just the api and not static
defined set of apps.

Cu
--
written with FeLaMiMail