Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Parttioning phpgroupware for support of s

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Parttioning phpgroupware for support of several groups fo users on disjoint databases
Date: 02 Jun 2003 23:08:39 +0200

Le ven 30/05/2003 à 17:55, Olivier Berger a écrit :
> Le ven 30/05/2003 à 17:49, Chris Weiss a écrit :
> > you can have distinct groups in phpgw and one user is able to be in more
> > than one group.
> >

> I know that, but the issue I'm raising is different : how to partition
> the todo, wiki, etc between different groups (or meta-groups), so that
> people in these groups are much like using different dedicated instances
> of phpgroupware ?

I mean, groups are mainly used from what I've come to understand, to
control ACLs to applications, thus globally to all data handled by that
application, instead of a very low granularity, with ACL on data
itself...

Am I wrong ?

Any reference elements / specs and so on (in the wiki) on such subjects
? (I am willing to contribute, of course, to elaborate on the current
model of ACL : application vs. data on common applications... or at
least the ones we're interested in in PicoLibre ;)

Thanks in advance.

Rest regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden>