Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Schema Availability to Apps

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Schema Availability to Apps
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 23:02:13 +0200

I just missed to give the links to the sources:

Ralf Becker schrieb:
I use something similar in some of my apps:

It's an (abstract) base-class for an so-layer. It includes the schema and works on that information. It has functions for reading, writeting or searching in the table and two function to convert the db-representation of the data-object in the internal one and back (with can be extended / overwritten in the extending class).

If you want to check it out: etemplate/inc/so_sql.inc.php

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/phpgroupware/etemplate/inc/class.so_sql.inc.php?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Examples how to use the class are in the etemplte tutorial

http://www.phpgroupware.org/cvsdemo/etemplate/doc/etemplate.html

and each function has ein extensive include-doc.

Ralf

PS It does not deal with MSSQL or Sybase (missing) datetime types at the moment, but its easy to add, as the class is aware of the type of each colum and abstracts the sql to access the table (you dont need to write sql direct).

Ralf Becker
OUTDOOR UNLIMITED Training GmbH                Telefon 0631 / 31657-0
Leibnizstraße 17                               Telefax 0631 / 31657-26
D-67663 Kaiserslautern            EMail address@hidden