Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Translation (UTF8)

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Translation (UTF8)
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:16:00 +0200

Hi,

our translation coordinator is Guillaume Courtois aka gugux mailto:address@hidden You might want to contact him.

Colin Tan wrote:
I would like to translate phpgroupware into Vietnamese. However, vietnamese has several character encodings and no official iso charset. It appears that most sites are changing to utf8. How do I setup the webpages to display utf8.

The charset in phpGW is taken from the translation of the phrase 'charset'.
To enter translations, simplest ways is to use the translation (developer) tools. You have to translate the charset phrase in the phpgwapi first, before any other translations, save it and load it into the db. Then u have to enable 'vietnamese' in the phpgw_languages, in order to select it in your prefs. After that u can start entering the translations in the translation tools. If you done submit the translations to patchmanager on savanah.

Any pionters would be most welcome.

Ralf
Ralf Becker
digital ROCK, Becker & Macht GbR            Telefon +49 (631) 31657-51
Leibnizstraße 17                            Telefax +49 (631) 31657-52
D-67663 Kaiserslautern                 EMail address@hidden