Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] slow addressbook startup with large LDAP

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] slow addressbook startup with large LDAP addressbook
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:22:40 +0200

Jan Dittberner wrote:
I have a large LDAP addressbook ( > 1400 entries ) imported from a CSV
file. When starting the addressbook application in phpgroupware
(0.9.14.002) it reads the whole LDAP subtree and it takes about 30
seconds until it's ready.

I cant understand why it should read the whole thing. Only thing a can image, is that's the only way to determine the number of event or u cant request the events x to y like they are showed.

Is it possible to show no entries at the beginning so that you can just
start with a search to limit the amount of data to be processed? Another
nice option would be if the number of records could be limited to some
boundary.

From 0.9.14.003 on you can (again) specify a default-filter (all, only yours or private) in your prefs. It's use when u first enter the addressbook.

I hope this is the right list for such a request. Please direct me to
the right destination if it's not.

Feature requests will be collected on savannah.gnu.org as well as bug-reports. On www.phpgroupware.org is a link.

Ralf
Ralf Becker
OUTDOOR UNLIMITED Training GmbH                Telefon 0631 / 31657-0
Leibnizstraße 17                               Telefax 0631 / 31657-26
D-67663 Kaiserslautern            EMail address@hidden