[Phpgroupware-developers] LDAP and Contacts

From: Paul Tietjens
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] LDAP and Contacts
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 01:06:50 +0000

I'm trying to figure out a way to make the contacts application pull email from
LDAP
entries, but email addresses don't even show up in the Company Directory (hr).

I'm using LDAP for authentication and storage, and all seems to work fine.  All
schemas needed (including phpgwaccount and phpgwcontact) are lodaed and
running, and
pam/samba/postfix/imap et al.  seem to be authenticating fine.

I've looked at the preferences for the Addressbook, and it seems to suggest
there
might be a way to make this happen, but I have had no luck making this do
anything
beyond store user-added contacts in LDAP (not pull contacts from ou=People, but
add
them to ou=Contact, for example).

phpgw authenticates fine and in all ways seems to operate properly, aside from
the
contacts/hr issue.

My question is:

Is this expected behavior (LDAP entries not added by a user will not be in
contacts)
or a bug.  In the case of the latter, where can I start looking (I've checked
ACLs
and filters, and watched the logs as phpgw makes queries - there have been no
results with anything but err=0 so I didn't initally suspect it was an LDAP
issue)
for the problem?

Thanks,
Paul