Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Web site content request and setup layout

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Web site content request and setup layout idea
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:33:04 +1100

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:

> For whoever has write access to the http://phpgroupware.or page, i'd
> like to request that the old Install doc be label for 0.9.12 and
> my new one label
> for 0.9.14.  Or the old doc updated to mention that the
> Administration MUST
> be "installed" in Step 4 before creating the Admin and Demo accounts.
>
> Along those same lines, I'd like to change the layout of the setup
> screen to move
> the Admin/Demo account creation link to a new "Step 5" that would
> be labeled as
> optional.  I wouldn't be changing any functionality, just a
> template change to make
> it clear that the Admin app must be installed in Step4 before
> creating the admin
> account.  If I have commit access to setup (not sure if I do or
> not, I know I have
> commit to my vb shell and email) is there any objection to me
> commiting this to .14
> and head?  If I don't have commit I'll just submit a patch for both.

You should have commit rights, but please don't use them for this :)

I have discuss it with ceb, and we agreed that SetupIII will be fixed so
prefs and admin are installed when the api install step is done.

As for the datetime class stuff, please get some people to test it, if
all goes well commit it to cvs, if it needs changes to the
phpgwapi/inc/class.datetime.inc.php script, post a patch for it on savannah.

I hope this is ok with you.

Cheers

Dave