Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] datetime class localtime bug (causes a cal

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] datetime class localtime bug (causes a calendar bug)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:17:53 +0000

>I think you are wrong on the server assuming everyone is gmt :)
then why, when my server is system configured for Central US time (GMT-6 this
time
of year) does phpgw's functions return a tz_offest of -6?

>what it actaully does it grabs the gmt time value from the
>time-a.nist.gov time server via daytime or http.  Looks at the system
>time and calcualtes the server's offset from there.
Not if you disable that as I have.  It uses php's gmdate function, which return
the
correct GMT date.  Problem is it then sets my timezone in the tz_offset, the 2
are
NOT the same thing.  So either the tz_offset setting functions are wrong, it or
the
apps are wrong to use the datetime->userlocaltime value as the actual local
time.
And if the apps are wrong, then exactly what is the point of the userlocaltime
value anyway?

It's almost as if we have a half implemented idea here because some parts of the
code are doing one thing for time and other parts are doing another.  Heck, in
just
uicalendar some code uses $date != date() and others use $date != localtime.
date
() works as expected, localtime doesn't.